Quantities Plug-in: Keep track of things
The Quantities Plug-in
displays a digital compilation of data providing room-specific information such as dimensions in 2D/3D view and allows for a deeper evaluation of the planning process according to the German DIN 277 and the ‘Wohnflächenverordnung’ (Residential Space Ordinance). The program generates lists in different formats that can be adjusted to your own design if required. With the Quantities Plug-in transparency of large projects will be enhanced, thus facilitating the planning process while creating a genuine added value for the customers.
The Quantities Plug-in comprises the following features:
- Create lists in different formats like PDF, RTF, EXCEL and HTML to help analyze your planning process. Content and design can be customized via file-export and integrated list-design module
- Display of current surface areas to fully comprehend formulas and countercheck measurements
- Visual check of volume and surface areas in 2D and 3D view
- Calculation results can be displayed individually for each floor, building component and method of calculation by using a tree view
List of brand-new features
Design your own individual surface
With the new Surface design tool for 3D surfaces you are able to create e.g. tiled sections, facade elements, working surfaces and pre-wall installations from different angles, and best of all - it’s as easy as a walk in the park. Additionally, the free input method editor generates any surface for every possible usage.
Creative building planning
From now on users can move, stretch, turn, mirror and copy whole buildings or stories, thus giving them the freedom to finalize their planning process even faster.
Add ‘smooth’ shadows to any light source
Types of light like ambient, point and spot can now be accentuated with ‘smooth’ shadows, thereby creating even more photo-realistic visualizations of 3D CAD models. Interiors appear to be even more authentic and fire the user’s imagination while creating new interiors.
Extended 2D functionality
Make your everyday life easier by using the brand-new 2D functions of Ashampoo’s CAD software, like for example:
- Line trimming
- Parallel copies
- Drawing parallel lines
- Edit points for 2D elements
- Add and delete polygon points
- Scaling of 2D elements
- Trimming of intersecting lines
- Automatic identification of line and polyline intersections with the help of given lines, polylines and reference lines. It is also possible to erase single line segments between intersecting points
Improved planning and construction process
With the new version Ashampoo’s 3D CAD offers data input assistance during planning and construction phase. Specific tools provide support and enable numeric input, wall modification, 3D object rotation during input and height modification.
In addition, all available tools can be activated or deactivated through dedicated keys.
Solar elements now with own catalogue
For on-roof- and in-roof-mounting purposes users can choose between various solar modules and solar panels. It is also possible to switch perspective to top view and enter a value for the offset command.
Take a tour around your virtual building
A walkthrough from an ego perspective enables users to fully explore their CAD projects. Similar to well-known computer games it is possible to change actor speed and keyboard settings.
A wider range of possibilities for kitchen and bathroom design
Let your imagination run wild: Ashampoo 3D CAD Architecture 2 features more than 50 new 3D objects for kitchen and bathroom areas as well as for other areas of the house!
Further advancements in CAD technology
All standard features at a glance
- Bars for window construction available
- Move objects from one layer to another via context menu
- Editable polygon points for rooftops
- For dimensioning purposes the program offers extended display modes, circles, margin arrows, the positioning of dimension lines and distance adjustment
- Enhanced positioning of 3D objects
- Angle adjustment for 2D mouse rotation, selection of reference points and reference axis
- Move guidelines as you prefer
- Illustration of stairway entrance with circle elements
- Reference points of item texts editable
- Press mouse wheel to pan in 2D view
- Support for imperial system of measurements
- Add, delete or move polygon points for 2D polygons or ceiling polygons. Reposition head and tail of a line
- Create BOM (Bill of material) for 3D objects
- Catalogue’s predefined texture measurements revised and now fully adjustable
Back to top
Design and construction
- Construction in any view, i.e. 2D floor plans, cross sections or 3D
- Polygonal winding staircases (solid or wooden)
- Polygonal landing staircases (solid or wooden)
- Construction aids, 3D/2D guidelines
- 3D /2D dimensioning, snap-to functions for 3D objects
- Accurate positioning using reference points and numerical editing
- Detailed visibilities for each view, settings for level of detail shown
- Structural layers for walls, ceilings and floors
- Project management using the project viewer; create layers
- Predefined dormer-types including eyebrow and arched dormers
- Predefined banisters for staircases
- Extensive range of functions for roofs and dormers incl. gutters, etc.
- 2D graphic functions
- Insert openings in walls & facade elements
- Surface editor for surfacing areas and sub-areas, editing in 2D/3D
Creative planning with a lot of 3D objects
- Accurate cross sections through the 3D model
- Assistants for copying properties, select, delete operations
- Comprehensive catalog of 3D objects, materials and symbols
- Create individual 2D symbols for text blocks, legends
- Settings for sun and moon for the illumination of 3D views
- Extendable 3D catalogs
- User definition of structural layers for inclusion in the catalog
- Scale objects
- Define user light sources, punctual and spot lighting, ambient, etc.
- Edit models using materials and texture
- Ray tracing, antialiasing, create images during processing
- Ambient occlusion and ‘smooth’ shadows
Landscape planning with predefined landscape forms
- 3D terrain model with specific areas like paths, terraces, etc.
- 2D / 3D plants
- 3D landscaping with height points and predefined landscape forms
Powerful export functions
- 3D export in various formats e.g. independent 3D object, 3DS, 3D-DXF, etc.
- Export whole buildings or parts of your 3D view and add them to your catalogue
- Export timber lists in PDF, RTF, Excel or HTML format
- Calculate texture coordinates and point normals
- Convert 3D models into various formats e.g. 3DS, 3D-DXF, VRML1
- Save pictures of your 2D or 3D view as *.bmp, *.png, *.jpg or *.gif